I had them ask me some questions.
Here are the questions they asked me:
1. How much money can you make writing?
I’d say it varies. You can certainly make a living off writing. The more successful you are the more chances you have. You can do presentations; teach classes, and many, many other opportunities.
2. What is the longest book written?
This was a fun one. Here’s a link we discovered: http://www.amazon.com/gp/richpub/syltguides/fullview/22F3SA74XBA5Y
These are books I don’t plan on reading to my students.
3. How many different books are out there (genres)?
We came up with quite a few genres and age categories:
Adult novels (written for adults), Young Adult, Tween books, Middle-grade, Chapter Books, Easy readers, Picture books, Board Books, Magazines, Journals, Poetry, Science Fiction, Adventure, Fantasy, Graphic novels/Comics…just to name some that we discussed.
4. How many Elephant & Piggie Books, by Mo Williams are there?
14 and they are extremely funny.
5. What are the best chapter books?
Here is a list we discovered: http://www.amazon.com/Favorite-Chapter-Books/lm/R1N1GMU6V2SH3F
They all shared which books they’ve heard of or read:
6. What are the most famous picture books?
Here’s a list we discovered:
The children knew a lot more of these books.